Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thoughts

So, these thoughts snuggle in my shadow
I try to hold them back but sometimes they like to wander
And some thoughts they seem to linger.
These ones tend to be hungrier and their strides slow and limber.

My fears inside spot and dot their hide
Shapeless forms that radiate love from their eyes
It lights their way as they crawl throughout my mind.
Gathering other thoughts that think inside

And sometimes they creep instead of crawl into crevasses so small
That you wouldn’t even know if something was there at all.
But in the darkness, they shrivel in size
They’re becoming faint memories lost in time

Those thoughts sneak and slither down
They pile into my chest and circle round
Stalking my heart that begins to pound
These thoughts their stomachs grumble loud.

Bright red and alive… the heart just lies
As those thoughts take one step at a time
Flashes of those eyes…
Deep Blues like of oceans or sky.

They begin to scream!
They scream when they feed!
Shrieking sounds are terrifyingly loud indeed


They pucker their lips and press them against
Suck in the love that’s held in my chest
They lick their lips, lap up love tastiness
The full bodied flavor of our last kiss

Then the color, it slowly drains…
As the bright red loses ground to grey
The thoughts are full and scamper away
They leave the pain of the thoughts of that day

See there’s nothing I can do when I think of those blues
Just wish that those thoughts were finally through
But they never stop these thoughts continue
Oh, there’s nothing I can do… when I see those blues.



No comments: